Southland weekly award winners are nominated and voted upon by each school’s sports information director. Voting for one’s own athlete is not permitted. To earn honorable mention, a student-athlete must appear on 25 percent of ballots. Brown recorded two of his league-high five double-doubles last week, averaging 11 points and rebounds per game. He poured in 12 points on 5-of-9 (.555) shooting and snatched 11 rebounds to go with two assists and two steals against NC Central. Brown averaged a double-double in two contests this week: a 77-61 win over NC Central and an 80-67 loss to UMKC. Brown and the Cowboys are set to play their first televised game inside the H&HP Complex against the University of Louisiana at Lafayette at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday on Cox Sports TV and ESPN+. McNeese finishes the week on the road against UTRGV at 7 p.m. Saturday. Honorable Mention: Shannon Bogues, Stephen F. Austin; Moses Greenwood, SLU; Josh Nzeakor, Lamar Men’s Basketball Player of the Week – Roydell Brown, McNeese – Jr. – Guard – New Orleans, La. The New Orleans, La., native followed it up with another 11-rebound performance while adding 10 points and two assists. This marks Brown’s first weekly honor of the 2018-19 season. FRISCO, Texas – McNeese guard Roydell Brown is the Southland Conference Men’s Basketball Player of the Week, the league announced Monday. Southland Conference Players of the Week are presented by MidSouth Bank.
Articles by admin
20 CENT SINGLE TICKET RAINBOW PICK SIX JACKPOT CARRYOVER OF $251,759 INTO SATURDAY AT SANTA ANITA; FIRST POST TIME THROUGH MONDAY IS AT 12:30 P.M. ARCADIA, Calif. (Feb. 14, 2020)–Racing fans will start the three-day Presidents’ Day weekend at Santa Anita with a carryover of $251,759 in the track’s popular 20 cent Single Ticket Rainbow Pick Six Jackpot on Saturday.With a carryover from Sunday of $229,500, there was $97,222 in new money wagered today, creating a total Jackpot pool of $326,722.Although there was no single ticket winner, there were 39 consolation tickets with six winners, each worth $1,331.70.With a nine-race card on Saturday, the Rainbow Six will begin with race four, which has an approximate post time of 1:58 p.m. PT.The Grade II, $200,000 Santa Monica Stakes will highlight Saturday’s program, with the John Shirreffs-trained Hard Not to Love installed as the 6-5 morning line favorite with Mike Smith up at seven furlongs. First post time on Saturday, Sunday and Presidents’ Day Monday, is at 12:30 p.m., with admission gates opening at 10:30 a.m. For additional information, please visit santaanita.com or call (626) 574-RACE.
Speaking to chief sports reporter Dave Kidd, Rose said: “I am opinionated and I might not have long left in football.“One thing is for sure, for the rest of this career, I will play this game how I want to play it and, while I am not going to disrespect anyone, I am going to voice my opinions.”He also clarified in that interview that he is not seeking a transfer out of Tottenham.33 Danny Rose is determined to see out the remaining 18 months of his contract first given to him by Spurs chairman Daniel LevyCredit: Rex Features TOTTENHAM defender Danny Rose insists he will see out the 18 months left on his contract despite claiming the club want to sell him.The left-back was speaking while on international duty with England, where he maintained he will “not be going anywhere until my contract is finished”.3 Danny Rose, pictured with boss Mauricio Pochettino, says he will see out the remaining 18 months of his contract with TottenhamCredit: EPARose, 29, was believed to have been close to a move to Watford on transfer deadline day, but the deal fell through.He has since gone on to be a regular starter this season for Mauricio Pochettino and has kept his place in the England squad.Last season, despite many claiming he wasn’t up to his usual standards, he still featured in 37 games for Tottenham.He was named in the PFA Team Of The Year two seasons running previously.NO NEW CONTRACT ON OFFERSpeaking to The Standard he said: “It’s pretty obvious what happened [in the summer].”People upstairs at Tottenham were trying to do what they were trying to do. I’ve said [to them] I’ve got 18 months left on my contract and I’m not going anywhere until my contract has finished.”In January, you’re probably going to hear something [about my future].”I’m telling you right now that I’m not going anywhere until my contract is finished.”[Tottenham chairman] Daniel Levy told me in the summer there was no new contract for me at Tottenham, which is fine.”I respect that. We move on.”Rose has previously exclusively revealed to SunSport how he feels undervalued and misunderstood as a footballer.Latest Tottenham NewsHARRY ALL FOUR ITKane admits Spurs must win EIGHT games to rise into Champions League spotGossipALL GONE PETE TONGVertonghen wanted by host of Italian clubs as long Spurs spell nears endBELOW PARRSpurs suffer blow with Parrott to miss Prem restart after appendix operationPicturedSHIRT STORMNew Spurs 2020/21 home top leaked but angry fans slam silver design as ‘awful”STEP BY STEP’Jose fears for players’ welfare during restart as stars begin ‘pre-season’KAN’T HAVE THATVictor Osimhen keen on Spurs move but only if they sell Kane this summer
The 22-year-old had been included on the bench for tonight’s NRL game against the Broncos in Auckland but this morning the Warriors said he wouldn’t play after farewelling teammates and staff yesterday.Lolohea had asked for to be let go and the club had agreed to release him with a 18 months left on his contract.”Tui and his management recently asked us for permission to talk to other clubs about a possible move and have since requested an early release from the rest of his contract,” said Vodafone Warriors recruitment and development manager Tony Iro.”We appreciate the service Tui has given the club and wish him all the best,” said Iro.Lolohea, who made his NRL debut in 2014 and played 52 first-grade matches for the club. He scored 17 tries and kicked 18 goals for a total of 104 points.Reports say he has chosen Wests Tigers ahead of offers from the Cowboys and Raiders.
The injury means Burgess gets a chance to lead England in the biggest game of his career. He’s won a premiership with South Sydney, played in Four Nations finals and Tests with Great Britain, but tomorrow night’s clash with Australia will be up there with those.”It’s fantastic and is a job I don’t take lightly,” Burgess said. “I love being in this position [as captain]. I don’t think it gets much better than a World Cup final. It’s bittersweet if I’m honest – Sean’s been the captain the whole tournament.”He’s been a huge part of our success in this campaign. You saw it six months ago in the mid-season Test. He’s a fantastic player in the team.”O’Loughlin’s injury follows a tournament-ending knee injury to star England and Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson, who has been replaced by James Roby.”We’ll lose two senior boys – great players – but we gain James Roby who gets a chance to start the game,” Burgess said.”As much as we’ll miss the boys, those coming in are excited about the opportunity.”Asked whether the injury weakens England’s chance of winning their first World Cup since 1972, Burgess disagreed.”Not really much, not at all really,” he said. “Not much changes for us. We’ve been extremely consistent with our training. For us, it’s really important we turn up and do our job. Thinking about winning is something we don’t need to do; we simply need to execute our plays.”Betts said Burgess wouldn’t change the way he plays despite the new role.”He brings what Sam brings,” Betts said. “I know you expect to say he’d bring something else when you give him the captain’s armband but Sam’s Sam, whether he’s a captain or a player. When he was 18 years of age, it was probably the same.” The inspirational loose forward suffered a quadriceps strain against Tonga but hasn’t recovered in time. Sam Burgess will skipper the side, a role he performed during the 2016 Four Nations, with Ben Currie starting and Jonny Lomax moving to the bench.England assistant coach Denis Betts says O’Loughlin did everything he could overcome his injury.”We’d given him every chance, and he’s given himself every chance,” Betts said. “He’s worked really hard with our medical team and pushed himself as hard as he possibly could. The final call probably came down to ‘Lockers’ as well. He knows his body. It’s probably not the easiest thing to do, but made a real brave call (as) World Cup finals don’t come around very often.”
The Wallabies won the match 28-13 courtesy of a stellar two-try performance from David Pocock.In what was a far from a polished performance, the three-try win fell short of delivering a valuable bonus point in the ‘Pool of Death’ clash at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.In another game, Scotland beat Japan 45-10 in their opening game.
The People’s Choice Award is the 12th category of the SP Sports Awards.This is the third year running where voting is open to the public to vote to decide the winner.Chairperson, Andrew Lepani said voting will run starting today and will close on June 1.“Finalists for this award are from the top four categories- Male Athlete, Female Athlete, Team of the Year and National Performance of the Year.“The public can text to 1610 and select your candidate by following the prompts. You can vote as many times as you want,” said Lepani.Male Athlete of the Year:1) Israel Eliab2) Ryan Pini3) Jack ViyufaFemale Athlete of the Year:1) Linda Pulsan2) Abigail Tere Apisah3) Toea WisilTeam of the Year:1) Men’s Touch Team2) Women’s Football Team3) Women’s Va’a V12 TeamNational Performance of the Year:1) Epari Souths of Pangia2) Lae City Dwellers3) Ephraim Larkin
La Ponferradina presented this Wednesday to its first incorporation of the winter market, Ivi López (Collado Villalba, 1994), that will play in the Berciano team until the end of the season as a loan from Levante after having it in Huesca during the first half of this campaign.In fact, this one it will be the fourth assignment of Ivi in the last two years, so that the player assured that he arrives at Deportiva ready to recover and recover the level he showed in Sevilla Atlético, when Levante looked at him to reinforce his squad: “It’s complicated, because when you get to First and then you have to go down to Second to play you look in the mirror and wonder what you’ve done wrong. This is a challenge for me, to show me that I can play in Primera, and I assume that. The Ponferradina has given me a chance and I will restore confidence in the field. “ As for his relationship with Bolus, who already announced that he will demand a lot from Ivi, he confirmed that “He knows exactly how I am, I never hide and I don’t need to tell him. On Saturday I left freedom of movement up, which is what I like. In the end it’s about playing the team and scoring goals, which is what we missed the other day. I found myself comfortable with colleagues, because they are people who want to play the ball and that benefits me. “Gao is no longer a blue and white playerThe president of Ponferradina, José Fernández Nieto, finally clarified the situation of the Chinese Gao Leilei after in the last weeks there were conflicting information about his future in Deportiva. Fernandez Nieto said Gao’s contract “ended on December 31 and is no longer a Ponferradina player. He is now injured and has gone home, but we are waiting for a sponsorship agreement. “The Chinese soccer player arrived at Deportiva in summer thanks to an economic agreement with one of his companies and could only wear the blue and white shirt in an official match, against Peña Deportiva in the Copa del Rey, in which he played 58 minutes. In spite of his little prominence in the field, he knew how to win the fans with his interest in the society of Bercia, concretized in a promotional video of the region that hung on his social networks at the end of last year. For now, The Madrid player has landed well in Deportiva. Last Saturday, with only two training at the orders of Bolo, he started against Rayo and completed a good game in the left band: “I am very happy with the reception given to me by the fans from the first moment, although we were screwed by the result, because we had the game there and we couldn’t take it. “ LaBiga SmartBank* Data updated as of January 22, 2020
Thirty forest fires burn Galicia, of which seventeen remain active, with a situation of real risk for the population in eleven points spread across the provinces of Lugo, Ourense and Pontevedra.Some 350 brigades, 220 motor pumps, forty blades and about twenty aerial means of the Xunta and the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, Food and Environment work from the early hours in the Galician community to fight fires that devastate more than 4,000 hectares in 146 New spotlights since Friday.The Military Emergency Unit (UME), after the decree of operational status one in Galicia by the Ministry of Interior, has deployed three hundred soldiers in the territory and will continue this morning until half a thousand.Seventeen fires remain active in the community, spread across the four provinces, while there are three others stabilized and ten more controlled after the extinction of four.Among the assets there are eleven in situation two, of real risk for the populated nuclei, which increases the danger in these areas.The only active fire in the province of A Coruña is in Boiro, in the parish of Cures, where situation two was deactivated early today.Lugo is on alert for risk to the population the fire of Donís, in Cervantes, in full reserve of the biosphere of Os Ancares, where neighbors fear losing their homes and say they are “surrounded” by the flames while they report that there are missing media.The fires of Samos, Renche Parish, are also active; Friol, in Xía; Triacastela, homonymous parish; and Antas de Ulla, in Areas.In Ourense, situation two is a fire in San Cristovo de Cea, in Oseira, due to proximity to Pieles; another in Baños de Molgas, in Betán, due to its proximity to Nevoeiro; and a third in Chandrexa de Queixa, in Chaveán, due to proximity to Vilamaior, in the neighboring municipality of Castro Caldelas. 10/15/2017 – 19:09 | 00:25 – 10/16/17 A fireman, during his work on the tasks of extinction | Image: EFE They also burn Vilar de Barrio, where the fire has begun in Rebordechau and has spread to the municipality of Montederramo; and Piñor, in Coiras.In Pontevedra there are five fires in situation two, with that of Ponteareas, which began in Padróns, as the most important after extending to the municipalities of Redondela, Soutomaior and Pazos de Borbén, with 1,500 hectares, with the risk in the latter, in Nespereira.The fires of Paradela (Lugo), homonymous parish, remain stabilized; Cervantes (Lugo), in Noceda; and Vilariño de Conso (Ourense), in Chaguazoso.The fires of O Saviñao (Lugo), in Ribas de Miño, are controlled; Chantada, in Esmeriz; Vilardevós (Ourense), Vilariño de Conso, in Sabuguido and Castiñeira; Vilamarín, homonymous parish; Chandrexa de Queixa, in Queixa; Lobios, with two in Rio Caldo; and Paderne (A Coruña), in Cantoña.The flames have been extinguished in San Cristovo de Cea (Ourense), in Covas; Vilariño de Conso, in San Cristovo; Cualedro (Lugo), in Montes; and Courelo de Courel, in Meiraos.The president of the Xunta, Alberto Núñez Feijóo, explained today that the Galician autonomous community is in a “complex situation” because it coincides with a “homicidal incendiary activity”, a “persistent drought” and a lack of control in fires in northern Portugal that, for the first time, “jump the Minho”.The Minister of Rural Affairs, Ángeles Vázquez, believes that the fires have been caused and the Galician opposition groups have accused the Xunta of lack of prevention.At the national level, the political representatives of the PP, PSOE, Ciudadanos and Podemos, have expressed their concern this afternoon through social networks about the fires and have transmitted their support to the extinction teams.While the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, Food and Environment (MAPAMA) has decided to send 29 aerial means and 4 brigades of reinforcement against fires to support Galicia, Castilla y León and Principality of Asturias.By the way, it is precisely in the Principality where the flames threaten the largest and best preserved oak grove in Spain, located in the Muniellos Reserve, endangered by the declared fire of Ibias, which still cannot be controlled in the face of strong and changing gusts of wind.In the early hours of the night, the fire declared five days ago in Fondos de Vega, in the council of Degaña, was still active and uncontrolled, with a front that has reached over a kilometer in length.In addition to these two, early in the night there were another 13 fires active, and four more that were already controlled, mostly in municipalities in the Asturian southwest.
Jean Pierre Rivere, president of the Niceunveiled at L’Equipe a revolutionary idea to redirect the soccer calendar after the coronavirus crisis. Consists in already adapt to the Qatar World Cup in 2022, the first to be played in the fall of history. In other words, the president of the French club proposes lengthen the maximum the end of this course in order to connect the next two to world cup appointment and play them in a calendar year (February to October) instead of split years.“Of course, everyone we want to end the season As fast as possible, but what if we can’t? Beyond this current season, let’s try to see consistently the three seasons to come. In 2022, the World Cup in Qatar It will take place from November 21 to December 18. My idea is that if this tournament has been uniquely scheduled, we let’s adapt already based on the problems we face today. I suggest, therefore, take us all the time we need for end the season current in October or November, and we start the next season in February. Then we could join the Euro Cup the next june and we would finish the next season again in late October. In 2022, we would take a short break in August and then repeat this formula again to play the World Cup calmly, ”said Rivere. Although it has little chance of prospering the idea, it is a fact that the FIFA and UEFA they are going to find a problem very serious on the world calendar about the coronavirus issue. Own Gianni Infantino said this problem should make them see what loaded and saturated calendar, something that She complained also publicly Javier Thebes in a tweet that precisely had Infantino as the recipient.