June 3, 2021 Find out more Reporters Without Borders (RSF) condemns in the strongest of terms President Trump’s threats against the whistleblower who says Trump pressured Ukraine to investigate his political rivals. RSF calls on Congress to do everything in its power to protect his identity as required under US law. Help by sharing this information October 4, 2019 US – RSF condemns Trump’s threats against Ukraine whistleblower June 7, 2021 Find out more President Trump has been engaged in an aggressive harassment campaign against an anonymous CIA officer since details emerged in mid-September of his whistleblower complaint. The complaint alleged that the president pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate the family of former Vice President Joe Biden, one of his main political rivals in the 2020 presidential election. This whistleblower complaint has become the basis for an impeachment inquiry led by the House of Representatives.During an October 2 press conference with the Finnish president, Trump told reporters, “This country has to find out who that person was because that person’s a spy, in my opinion.” This came less than a week after the president made a similar suggestion during a meeting at the United Nations during which he said that “in the old days … we used to handle it a little differently than we do now,” an allusion to execution. In a September 28 letter to the intelligence community inspector general, the whistleblower’s lawyer expressed concerns about his client’s safety, making specific reference to a $50,000 bounty issued by private individuals for details relating to the whistleblower’s identity. “It’s unconscionable and absolutely counter to the nation’s best interests that the president of the United States would endanger the safety of a public servant who has come forward with valuable information to the public interest,” said Dokhi Fassihian, Executive Director of RSF’s North America bureau. “Congress must ensure his protection in the face of these threats.”Under the 1998 Intelligence Community Whistleblower Protection Act, whistleblowers are permitted to use established channels to report concerns about potential misconduct in exchange for the guarantee that they are protected from reprisals. As the impeachment proceedings unfold, lawmakers from the congressional intelligence committees say the whistleblower is willing to testify to provide more information about his complaint.“As it becomes increasingly likely that this whistleblower will give a classified testimony before Congress, it is critical that US lawmakers uphold their legal obligation to protect his identity, especially as he has already faced threats against his life,” Fassihian said. “Whistleblowers must be able to safely come forward with information related to the public interest, and particularly at a time when the US government has tightened its grip on information accessible to citizens. It is imperative that we ensure his protection.”The United States is ranked 48th out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2019 World Press Freedom Index, after dropping three places in the last year. Organisation News News Facebook’s Oversight Board is just a stopgap, regulation urgently needed, RSF says Receive email alerts to go further RSF_en BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI / AFP United StatesAmericas Whistleblowers NSO Group hasn’t kept its promises on human rights, RSF and other NGOs say United StatesAmericas Whistleblowers WhatsApp blocks accounts of at least seven Gaza Strip journalists News Follow the news on United States News April 28, 2021 Find out more
HSE warns of ‘widespread cancellations’ of appointments next week By News Highland – May 9, 2013 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR David Moyes confirmed as Manchester United’s next manager PSNI and Gardai urged to investigate Adams’ claims he sheltered on-the-run suspect in Donegal Facebook Dail to vote later on extending emergency Covid powers WhatsApp Pinterest Previous articleMan in Ohio court on kidnap and rape chargesNext articleDonegal man goes on trial accused of sexual abuse dating back 50 years News Highland Dail hears questions over design, funding and operation of Mica redress scheme Man arrested in Derry on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences released Pinterest Twitter WhatsApp Google+ News Google+ Twitter Facebook Everton have confirmed that manager David Moyes is to leave the club at the end of the season – and that he’s expressed a desire to join Manchester United.Earlier – a banner asking fans to welcome “new manager David Moyes” appeared on Manchester United’s official Facebook page.The page was linked to in a tweet from the club’s official press office Twitter account, though that tweet was quickly deleted.EVERTON STATEMENT IN FULLEverton can confirm that David Moyes will leave the Club at the end of the season.The Manager met Chairman Bill Kenwright early yesterday evening (Wednesday 8th May) and confirmed his desire to join Manchester United.The Chairman, on behalf of the Club, would like to place on record his thanks to David for the massive contribution he has made to Everton since his arrival in March 2002. He has been an outstanding Manager.During his tenure at Goodison Park, David has taken charge of the team on over 500 occasions including four European campaigns.His final two games as Everton Manager will be the remaining Premier League matches against West Ham United and Chelsea.Everton officials will start the search for a replacement manager immediately. Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry
NORTH PLATTE, Neb. (June 18) – A $1,000 to win feature for Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modifieds takes top billing at Lincoln County Raceway’s Monday, June 22 Colton & Conner Memorial Wild West Challenge.The Modified feature is a qualifying event for the 2015 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational ballot and pays a minimum of $150 to start.IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars and Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods both race for $750 to win and $100 to start. IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks vie for $500 to win and $100 to start, Mach-1 Sport Compacts for $400 to win and $50 to start, plus a $200 cash dash.Tow money is $75 for Modifieds, $50 for Stock Cars and Northern SportMods, $40 for Hobby Stocks and $30 for Sport Compacts.All applicable points, including track points, will be awarded in each division. There is no entry fee.Pit gates at North Platte open at 4 p.m., the grandstand opens at 5 p.m., hot laps are at 6 p.m. and racing starts at 7 p.m.Grandstand admission is $15 for adults, $5 for kids ages 6-12 and free for five and under. Pit passes are $30.More information is available by calling 308 362-4551 and on Facebook.
Protestors outside County House this morning. Pics by North West Newspix.Up to 100 protestors have gathered outside County House in Lifford to protest at a meeting of councillors and Irish Water.The protestors are from both the Can’t Pay Won’t Pay and Right2Water groups.Gardai are at the scene in an overseeing capacity. There have been no reports of any incidents. MORE THAN 100 PROTESTORS AT IRISH WATER MEETING AT COUNCIL OFFICES was last modified: January 26th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:county councildonegalIrish Waterprotestors
Brentford boss Mark Warburton has told the club’s website his side can cope with Sheffield Wednesday’s direct style on a wearing Hillsborough pitch.The two sides meet on Tuesday night, with the Bees hoping to win to enhance their play-off chances.Warburton said he was confident his players could impose themselves on the game despite the test that awaits them.He said: “Sheffield Wednesday will pose a tough challenge. They are physically proficient with talented players like Chris Maguire and Lewis McGugan.“They are organised with an aerial threat. They can be direct and they can play and they have an excellent goalkeeper.“The pitch is a question mark. It is not the best but we have to deal with it, other teams do. We will be positive and try to impose ourselves on the game.”Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
When the NBA opens its 2019 season this fall, the world’s eyes will be on the Golden State Warriors and its Chase Center in Mission Bay, a state-of-the-art facility seven years in the making.We suggest you have a Swedish Mula in hand.The cocktail, a refreshing sipper of Absolut Elyx Vodka, housemade strawberry syrup, fresh ginger and mint, is the type of farm-to-glass creation you can enjoy at the 18,064-seat arena.Pink cocktails not your thing? Build your own using top-shelfers like Jameson …
Chris StewartAPTN National NewsRCMP in Alberta is asking for the public’s help in the search for Dwayne Beauregard, 20, who is a suspect in the death of Joelle Cardinal, 21.According to the police, an incident was witnessed by a number of people Monday morning at a residence in Bigstone Cree Nation, 325 km north of Edmonton.Police say Beauregard is 5’10 and 170 lbs. He has a tattoo on his left forearm that says “Arissa Love,” and a cross on his right forearm.Police are advising people not to confront him but instead to dial 911.Contact Chris here: [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppCayman Islands, May 29, 2017 – George Town – The decision of who will be the Premier of the Cayman Islands and form the new government has been rethought and announced three times since the general election, last week Wednesday. This third time might be a charm.Today, it was announced that the Premier will in fact be Hon. Alden McLaughlin and Speaker of the House McKeeva Bush. This was the initial announcement that was made last week, following a meeting with both parties where the People’s Progressive Movement (PPM) and the Cayman Democratic Party (CDP) agreed to work together in the interest of national unity.Shortly after that announcement was made, news broke that the agreement fell apart and the Premier would be CDP Leader, McKeeva Bush. The decision of who will govern is now back to it’s initial agreement, and this one seems to be final.The two long-time political rivals met with Governor Helen Kilpatrick to confirm that they would be forming a coalition government of “national unity” for the next four years.Mr. McLaughlin put together a 12-person government consisting of all seven elected Progressives party members, including himself, all three elected Cayman Democratic Party members and two independents. The independent members were Prospect MLA Austin Harris and West Bay South MLA Tara Rivers.Progressives Deputy Leader Moses Kirkconnell was confirmed as Deputy Premier.Mr. McLaughlin said he was seeking cooperation from two additional independent members in joining the government, but has yet to receive confirmation from those individuals.“I’m still hopeful we get on board a couple more of the independents so that we truly have a government of national unity,” Mr. McLaughlin said. “I didn’t want four years of battling over nonsense and personality clashes.”The Legislative Assembly is to meet Wednesday morning to swear in its new members, namely Mr. Bush as Speaker of the House and Mr. McLaughlin as Premier.#magneticmedianews#flipflopincaymangovernment Related Items:#flipflopincaymangovernment, #magneticmedianews